- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 potatoes, medium and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In large non-stick skillet, saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add ground round and brown well.
- Add rice, carrots, parsley, beef or vegetable broth, and pepper.
- Stir well and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes and continue cooking until potatoes are tender or approximately one hour.
Join The Conversation
This was our lunch today and it was very good. I was afraid it would be slightly bland so I added more garlic and some cayenne. I did cover the last 10 minutes because my rice did not seem to be doing much and it was perfectly cooked. This will be wonderful with fried eggs in the morning. Thank you Lauralie41!