Rice Porridge (Congee/Jook/Okayu) Rice Cooker W/Pork & Corn
photo by Maggie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 large bowl
- Measurements are approximate, adjust as needed. 100 g ground pork is about 1/4 lb. 100 g sweet corn is about 3.5 oz.
- If rice cooker has a porridge/congee/jook/okayu function, you can use that (though you may want to adjust the water for your desired consistency). You can also use a slow cooker/crock pot, but it will take more like 4-5 hours.
- Add water, rice, minced garlic, minced ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce and black pepper to the rice cooker and turn it on (choosing the porridge/congee/jook/okayu function if it has one or just "cook" if not) and stir occasionally to break up the rice. It should take about 45-60 minutes.
- (optional) Brown and crumble the ground pork in a frying pan until done and add the corn, cooking until warm.
- When the rice is ready, mix in the pork and corn (or other ingredients, if any).
- Serve in bowls and top with scallions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!