This is a great meal on a fall or winter afternoon or evening. Reheats well. Adapted from a CBA Syracuse fundraiser cookbook circa 1983
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium-large chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup red wine
- 16 ounces your favorite red pasta sauce
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups uncooked rice (I think 1 1/2 is best)
- 2 cups beef broth (canned is best but bouillon will work)
- 5 -10 dashes of red Tabasco sauce (this is very optional and can be adjusted to taste)
- Brown the ground beef in a coverable coverable pot or pan.
- Add onion and garlic and cook down until onion is translucent.
- Add wine and simmer down until evaporated.
- Add all the other ingredients (rice, pasta sauce, and broth), cover and simmer/covered for about 25 minutes or until rice is cooked. More broth can be added if necessary.
- If halving recipe--I suggest 3/4 cup of wine, 1 full cup of rice and a generous 1 cup of broth.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION