Rice Flour Brownies
Delicious sweet brownies that don't use wheat flour
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Melt the chocolate and butter then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs then add the sugar, vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Put in greased brownie pan (around 8 inches square).
- Cook for 30-35 minutes at Gas 4,180c.
- Allow to cool a little in the pan then cut into squares.
- If you don't have chocolate you can substitute for 6 tablespoons of cocoa and 2 tablespoons of butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe saved me at work today. The picture isn't the greatest but they all were eaten and raved about. Even the non GF people loved them. I needed a GF dessert for a luncheon and we didn't have anything. I searched the internet and ran across this recipe...I had all the ingredients, so it was the one for me and lucky for me it's an excellent one. I used the cocoa powder and oil version and I had to times the recipe by 4 for the amount I needed.... and they came out perfectly. I didn't think to take a picture before they were cut but they looked great....one end I squashed and that's the end I have a picture of, of course lol thank you so much for saving our luncheon!Reply
Concerned about the lack of gluten, I quadrupled the baking powder (2 tsp) to get a nice rise. Spiked recipe with black salt, black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, orange oil. Instead of 1 c sugar, used 1/2 c turbinado sugar and 1/2 c honey for a tad more moisture given prior reviewer's note on dryness. Roasted pecans and added those. I love the result.Reply
see 6 more