Rice Cooker Cajun Rice Ala Justin Wilson
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice, rinsed thoroughly
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- hot sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium/medium-high. Put the onions.celery,carrot,parsnip and parsley into the pot and cook until the vegetables are soft. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Put vegetables into the rice cooker pot.
- In the same pan, cook the sausage for about 1 minute. Put the sausage in the rice cooker pot.
- Put rice in the rice cooker pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add butter.
- Pour chicken broth over.
- Cook using the regular cycle. At the end, add hot sauce to taste.
- note: the amount of chicken broth is approximately If the rice is too dry at the end just add more broth and let sit ( the warm setting should be on) for a few minutes. if the rice is too wet, well next time use a bit less broth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.