Rice-A-Roni Stuffed Peppers
I love Rice-a-Roni. LOVE IT! So, looking for a quicker version of stuffed peppers, I came up with this.
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box beef flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7 bell peppers, assorted colors
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large lidded skillet, brown the hamburger with the Rice-a-Roni (set aside the seasoning packet), onion, garlic and one of the bell peppers (diced), until the hamburger is no longer pink and the onions are clear.
- Drain well.
- Put hamburger mixture back in the pan and add the tomatoes with mild chilis.
- In a large measuring cup, combine 2 1/2 cups hot water with the seasoning packet from the Rice-A-Roni and whisk together.
- Stir the water into the mixture in the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduced heat to medium low and cover.
- Cook 20 minutes, stirring once after 15 minutes.
- While this is cooking, prepare the other 6 peppers by cutting off the tops, removing the seeds, and rinsing the the insides (and outside too).
- Arrange peppers in a shallow microwave safe baking dish.
- When the meat mixture is done, fill each of the peppers with the meat/Rice-A-Roni mixture and top with 2 T of shredded cheese. (If you have extra of the meat mixture, just spoon it around the peppers.).
- Microwave for 5-10 minutes and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION