Rib Eye Steaks in a Port Wine Glaze.
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs rib eye steaks, 2 steaks 1 1/2 -2 inches thick room temperature
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into half moon slices
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup port wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat cast iron pan to medium high/ high heat.
- Mix flour and seasoning together. Dry meat with a paper towel. Coat meat with the flour seasoning mix.
- Add onions and garlic to the remaining flour and toss to barely coat.
- Pour oil in a cast iron pan just to cover bottom.
- Pan sear meat on one side for 3 minutes, flip to other side for 3 minutes.
- Then place on end in pan, they are thick enough to stand on their own.
- Add onion and garlic to pan around the meat.
- Place thermometer in to meat and place into oven.
- Roast till desired doneness.
- Rare - 130 to 140 degrees F; medium-rare - 140 to 150 degrees F; medium - 150 to 160 degrees F; medium-well - 160 to 170 degrees F,.
- Remove, tent lightly with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile add port to the onions in the pan over medium high heat to deglaze scraping all the goodness from pan. Reducing by halve. Stir in the butter to thicken and serve over the steaks.
- Slice across the grain.
- Serve as individual steaks or slice just before serving on warmed plates.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!