This recipe is from Southern Living , December 2002. I found it to be the perfect rub for my steaks. I let the steaks stand at room temperature in the marinade for an hour prior to grilling to help the meat cook evenly. I hope you find this as delicious as I did. Enjoy.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) rib eye steaks
- Combine first 5 ingredients, and rub over steaks.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400° to 500°) 7 minutes.
- Turn steaks, and grill 5 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellently easy and tasty! I did make 3 steaks that weighed almost 4 pounds. So my grilling time was longer. I did start over direct heat and did score the meat doing a quarter turn after 3 minutes. Flipped lowering the heat after 3 minutes did a quarter turn for 3 more minutes. Then place on indirect heat for 3 more minute. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing. Using half the salt, the chili powder I used was chipotle chili so yummy! Thanks for the good eats! I did find it delish as you did! OH!!!! It is ideal better then ideal to bring the meat to room temperature before grilling! ;)Reply