Rhubarb Raisin Crisp
From a friend. Haven't tried it yet.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 12mins
- 5 cups rhubarb, sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Combine rhubarb and 2 Tbls. of flour; place in greased 8-in. square pan. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; sprinkle over raisins.
- Combine oats and remaining flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was pretty good and easy. Didn't blow me away but my rhubarb probably could have been fresher. It didn't take 40 to 45 minutes at 375; the topping would have been burnt. I cut the cooking time by at least 15 minutes, but maybe should have baked for another five. Tasty and easy enough to make again.Reply