Rhubarb Pork Loin
photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 1 (3 lb) pork loin roast, boneless and rolled
- 1 garlic clove, cut into 8 to 10 slivers
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 stalks rhubarb, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup honey, plus
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pork roast in roasting pan.
- Cut 8 to 10 slits in surface of pork and insert garlic slivers.
- Rub entire surface of roast with rosemary.
- Roast 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in small, heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard whole cloves.
- Pour rhubarb sauce over pork; continue to roast, basting often, for about 45 minutes or until roast reaches an internal; temperature of 155°.
- Let stand 10 minutes to allow internal temperature to rise to 160°.
- Carve into thin slices.
- Heat rhubarb sauce remaining in roasting pan; serve with pork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great thing to do to a pork loin. Mine was bone-in, 3 1/2 lbs. I think it would have made five or six servings. I could not find the dried rosemary, used dried thyme and that worked beautifully. I did not have enough of the rhubarb sauce, that may have been because I lost track of time, and it may have simmered too long. But I'd make more next time. I did not use the food coloring, and my sauce was not terribly attractive, but it sure tasted good. I did rub the roast with salt also, prior to roasting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>