Rhubarb Mandarin Crisp
This is one of those recipes that can be served as a dessert, warm with vanilla ice cream, or hot for breakfast rather than plain oatmeal. The original poster is Rachael VandenDool.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (you can use frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl toss the rhubarb, sugar and tapioca.
- Let stand for 15 minutes tossing twice.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan and top with the mandarine segments.
- In another medium bowl combine the brown sugar, oats, flour, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- Mix well.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle evenly over orange rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation