Rhubarb & Date Chutney
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From The Best Kept Secrets of the Women's Institute. I'm posting this here because the book doesn't belong to me and I couldn't take it home! Cooking time could be more or less than stated.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 900 g rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 450 g onions, roughly chopped
- 115 115 g raisins or 115 g sultanas
- 300 ml malt vinegar
- 300 ml water
- 450 g white sugar or 450 g demerara sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently until the chutney has a jam-like consistency and there is no excess liquid on the surface.
- Stir from time to time to prevent sticking.
- Spoon into hot sterilized jars and seal down.
- Label and store for 6-8 weeks before use.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION