Rhubarb Breakfast Muffins
- Ready In:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your muffin pan with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl place 4.5 oz of the sugar, the oil, egg, vanilla extract and the buttermilk. Beat until mixed then stir in the diced rhubarb.
- Sift over your dry ingredients into the bowl; wholemeal flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Stir until just combined and no more so not to make the texture of your muffins too heavy.
- Spoon the mixture into your muffin cases, filling them around 3/4 full. Sprinkle their tops with the remaining sugar and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden. A toothpick will come out cleanly when they are done but take care not to over do them.
- Leave to stand in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!