Rhode Island Apple Slump
- Ready In:
- For the biscuits: Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add butter, working it in with a fork or dough blender.
- Add milk to make a soft dough.
- Place on a floured board and toss lightly until the outer surface looks smooth.
- Roll out 1/2 inch thick and cut with floured biscuit cutter.
- Combine apples sugar, water, and cinnamon in a saucepan; cover tightly and cook slowly to the boiling point.
- When boiling, cover with biscuits, place a tightly fitting cover on pan and continue to cook over low heat for about 25 minutes.
- Remove biscuits and pour cooked applesauce over the top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!