- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄4 - 3 3⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon fast rising yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120-130 degrees)
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 6 ounces thinly sliced corned beef
- 4 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- 8 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 1 egg white, beaten
- caraway seed
- in a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, yeast, sugar, butter, and salt. Stir in warm water. Mix until a soft dough forms. Add remaining flour if needed.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll dough into a 14x10 rectangle.
- Spread dressing down middle third of dough. Top with layers of corned beef, cheese, and sauerkraut.
- Make cuts from filling to edges of dough, 1 inch apart on both side of filling. Alternating sides, fold strips at an angle across the filling.
- Cover and let risein a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes then slice into serving pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>