Restaurant Style Chunky Potato Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Parsley, shredded carrot, pimentos and white onion all play their part in making the dressing and the salad taste sensational.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped white onions
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced pimentos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, salt to taste
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, sugar, onion, mustard, vinegar, celery, pimentos, carrot, parsley, pepper and salt. Mix well, chill and serve.
- My Note: I used to throw out potato salad after a few days but I never have any leftover now. I never add the carrot or pimento or parsley and only add the celery when I have it. I have though, taken to mixing this dressing in a small bowl beforehand. I have always had a bit of a time, either making my potato cubes too hard, undercooked, or too mushy and they mash up too much when trying to blend in the dressing ingredients. Pre-mixing the dressing in the bowl, I can cook my potato cubes fairly soft and then gently fold in the pre-made dressing only to toss the onions, celery and potato cubes and eggs togehther and just coat with the dressing. A perfect chunky potato salad!
- For my family's personal preference I used 5 hard boiled eggs, mashing up the yolks into the mayo mixture, for a eggy tasting dressing. I also added another teaspoon of grey poupon mustard, left out carrots.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION