photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, both green and white parts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Combine cabbage, almonds, cranberries, celery, green onions and green pepper in large plastic bowl with snap on lid. Combine all dressing ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Pour dressing over slaw just before serving. Stir well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I watched Paula Deen make this on her show and it looked so beautiful and refreshing - and I was right! I made it last night for a side dish and it was so tasty - even better the next day after it sat in the fridge overnight. The only change I made was to omit the sweet relish since I don't care for relish. It was sweet enough without it I thought. The flavors and colors are perfectly balanced - will definitely make regularly!
This is fabulous! I used a package coleslaw mix, adding the celery, green onions -- no green pepper--plus added the dried cranberries with the almonds on the side (one guest is allergic to nuts). I mixed the dressing early in the day and refridgerated to blend flavors (I would suggest doubling the dressing--so good). Will make this again for pulled pork sammies. (drooling) :)