Rendered/Clarified Butter (Samneh) Middle East, Palestine
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A lot of Arabic pastries call for rendered, or clarified butter. This is an easy recipe for how to make this butter. Stored in jars, rendered butter will keep for many months without being refrigerated.
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in a saucepan, and add the Burghul or flour.
- Cook on low heat until foam disappears from top.
- When clear, remove from heat and cool. Pour the pure butter into jars.
- Be careful not to pour the salty residue.
- *Optional: You can use 2 1/2 lbs margarine and 2 1/2 lbs butter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION