- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 2 large onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- Sear brisket on all sides in hot dutch oven.
- Add remaining ingedients on top and around meat.
- Cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- Add no other liquid, it forms it's own gravy.
- Each serving will be 4.2 ounces according to diet followed by renal patients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Southern California. Worked for Kaiser Foundation and University of So. Cal. in cancer research.