Remy's Pistachio Cake With Caramel Icing
photo by remyo1212
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
For the Cake
- butter recipe cake mix
- pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
For the Nut Mixture
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Icing
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all cake ingredients together. Beat about 2 minutes.
- Coat a bundt pan with oil cooking spray. Pour in 1/3 of the cake batter. Sprinkle 1/3 of the nut mix on top. Repeat two more times, till you have 3 layers each cake batter and nut mix.
- Bake about 50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes on a cooling rack. Then flip the cake onto a serving plate.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the icing --
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and bring to a boil, then reduce to low. Stir for two minutes.
- Add milk bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually sift in all the confectioners sugar. Whisk until icing gets stiffer.
- Pour the icing over when the icing is cool enough to stick to the cake so that it does not settle at the bottom of the cake and serving plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!