Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Poke Cake
photo by Shelly B.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 1 chocolate cake, baked and cooled
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hot fudge
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Reese's pieces
- Bake a chocolate cake with your recipe of choice in a 9x13 pan
- Use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly throughout the cake. I usually end up poking 20-25 holes.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over top of the cake, aiming to fill up the holes.
- Scrape the hot fudge into a medium bowl. Add the 1/4 cup peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Mix until smooth and spread over the cake.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 3 tbsp peanut butter with the cool whip (I use a hand mixer here, but it's not a big deal to do it by hand).
- Spread the peanut butter cool whip over top.
- Chill for at least 4 hours (overnight is really best).
- Top with chopped Reese's cups and Reese's Pieces (you can add these before chilling, but the Reese's Pieces candy coating will bleed onto the cool whip when chilled).
- Serves approximately 12 (large pieces).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!