Reduced Sugar Blueberry Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter or 4 ounces margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar substitute (Splenda or similar)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 ounces skim milk or 4 1/2 ounces low-fat milk
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries or 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 to 14 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat together butter or margarine, sugar substitute, and honey with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Alternately stir in flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Fold in berries.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin cups, and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation