Red, White, and Blue (Berry) Green Salad
This recipe is more about assembly than actual cooking. (I mostly wanted to post my pics, which are pretty!) I had store-bought Romaine and Aerogarden -grown mixed greens, as well as strawberries and blueberries, needing to be eaten, so I made this salad (a variation of the usual strawberry-feta salads). I also put Recipe#49956 on it, but any bottled raspberry vinegrette will work. Also, it would be good with sliced chicken, avocado, onion, etc on top, or made with spinach. Feel free to enjoy it on the 4th, or any day!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons candied or toasted walnuts
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Lay the greens on the plate.
- Pile the feta and walnuts in the middle of the greens.
- Scatter the strawberries and blueberries on top.
- Serve with the dressing on the side, and not until ready to eat (it wilts the salad).