Red Velvet Waffles
- Ready In:
- Preheat waffle iron. Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine maple syrup and cream cheese. Microwave on high, in 20 second bursts, whisking at each interval, until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix to combine bisquick, granulated sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Add milk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Add enough red food coloring, drop by drop, to yield a deep red color.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Pour ⅔ cup batter onto waffle iron and let cook until golden on the edges and cooked through.
- Remove to a cooling rack fit in a sheet pan and transfer to oven to keep warm, if desired. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Rewarm maple cream cheese syrup if necessary and drizzle atop red velvet waffles. Serve with whipped cream on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!