Red Velvet Snickerdoodles
photo by Chef David Marional
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Whisk Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Sea Salt, in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place 1 1/2 cup of Sugar with softened Cream Cheese and mix together, then add melted Butter and mix together. Add Canola Oil, Greek Yogurt, Red Food Color, Vanilla, Egg, and Skim Milk and mix completely until smooth. Add Flour mixture and fold together until a soft dough forms.
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position, and turn the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 2 cookie sheets then take @ 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll into a ball, then roll it in the 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon mixed together in a soup bowl to coat. Place on the cookie sheet and gently flatten the top. You can get 1 dozen cookies to a cookie sheet. Bake for @ 11 minutes, let it rest on the tray for @ 5 minutes the transfer to a cooling rack until at room temperature. YOU MUST LET THE DOUGH REST WHILE THE OVEN HEATS UP.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy playing with my food and sharing cooking recipe's with family and friends for many years.. I have been an AFLAC Associate since 1985, which has allowed me to sample food nationwide.My wife is the everyday chef(she's very good), so I get to be creative chef. It's been 30 + happy years cooking in the kitchen together.