Red Snapper and Summer Vegetables Baked in Foil on a Salad
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup zucchini, medium diced
- 1 cup squash, medium diced
- 1 cup roma tomato, medium diced
- 1 cup red onion, medium diced
- 1⁄4 cup olive, salad
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 4 pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil, 15 inch squares
- 4 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 4 (8 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces frisee
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 head endive, sliced thinly at a 45 degrees angle
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the vegetables with the olive salad, garlic, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Mix together to combine.
- Season the fish generously on both sides with the Emeril's Original Essence.
- Fold each piece of aluminum foil in half.
- Open each folded piece and place 1/4 of the vegetable mixture just below the crease and in the center of each foil square.
- Place a snapper filet on top of the vegetables.
- Drizzle each fillet with 1/2 a tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Fold the foil over the fillet and tightly crimp the edges to form a seal.
- Place the pouches on a sheet pan and place in the oven to bake for about 25 minutes.
- While the fish bakes, in a large mixing bowl, combine the frissee, baby spinach, endive and red onion.
- Season the lettuce with salt and cracked black pepper, and toss to combine.
- Divide the lettuces among 4 entrée plates.
- Remove the fish from the oven.
- Combine the shallots, vinegar and mustard in a medium bowl set over a plate covered by a dishtowel to prevent the bowl from moving while whisking.
- Whisk the mixture while gradually adding the remaining 1/3 cup of the olive oil.
- Gently pierce each fish packet and whisk the juices into the vinaigrette.
- Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish and vegetables over each salad.
- Divide the vinaigrette evenly over the 4 salads and serve immediately with crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 11 years now. We live on 40 acres and have 6 dogs and 4 Tennessee Walkers. We both work a lot of hours so there is never enough time in a day to get everything done. I absolutely love the outdoors. I also enjoy lifting weights, reading and playing with all of my beautiful animals. I absolutely love, love and love to cook. I like to cook a variety of things and also like love to bake. I like to just get in the kitchen and experiment with different things. If something does not turn out for me such as pie crust or gravy I will keep trying until I can make it work. Only problem is, when I finally make it work it may not work again the time after that. It is fun though and I do consider myself a pretty good cook for the most part. I also love slow cooker recipes. Those are my most favorite in the winter months.