Red Raspberry Muffins
My Gramma (and now my aunt) always had raspberry bushes. These muffins are just one of the uses for them.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1 cup plain yogurt or 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh red raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin tins w/ paper liners (or grease them).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine beaten eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture the dry ingredients and stir just to moisten. Fold in raspberries.
- Pour batter into muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until the muffins test done w/ toothpick test.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
100% delicious. Ran out to the garden grabbed some raspberries, (and a couple currants) and came in and made these. I had to get the raspberries before the birds got them, and managed it! These are great little muffins, so easy and light tasty. Not overly sweet and did bake up perfectly. I added 2 chopped walnuts to the top of each muffin and sprinkled a bit of sugar....and they were gone lickity split. Thank you, Parsley! Made for *ZWT4* June 2008.