Red Peanut Pattie Candy
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup Karo syrup, suryp
- 1 cup rich milk or 1 cup canned evaporated milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 drops red food coloring
- Combine and place on heat sugar,Karo,and milk. Mix well and add the peanuts and cook slowly stirring until a small amount forms a soft ball.Remove from heat and add the butter,vanilla and food color. Beat until mixture gets creamy and pour on cookie sheet to form into patties. Can be poured into muffen tins to about 1/4 inch thick to make thick sides.
- This recipe was given to me by a very dear friend Barbara Stearns. This was a family recipe , one of several she gave me. These tast just like the ones from the store if you can find them. Any peanuts will work in theis but the small white ones are what are the best to use if you can find them. Enjoy and feel free to pass this recipe on to some one else.
- Again this recipe is from another site. So I think that the soft ball is from a candy thermometer. :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just made this recipe....and it really tastes great... it isn't the recipe I am looking for, though...it is too chewy...like a chewy praline. I want one that is sugary crunchy soft...that actually breaks apart..this one you'd have to pull apart. Also.. I felt it had way too many peanuts in it... I like the pink stuff...this is all peanuts. Also.. not sure how long I was supposed to stir it...what is creamy? It was 100% peanuts. They looked pretty...I put them into a muffin topper pan...which is the perfect size for a huge patty...and it worked out great. I would make these again...but I would leave out l/2 of the nuts.