Red Lobster's Pineapple Basil Margarita
- Ready In:
- 1 quart pineapple juice
- 6 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces Cointreau liqueur
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 4 -6 leaves fresh basil
- 1 dash orange juice (fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup sea salt (may use kosher salt as well)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried pineapple (Small dice)
- Fill pitcher with ice and basil.
- Add Tequila, Cointreau, and Gran Marnier, stir well.
- Add fruit juices, stir well or shake as needed.
- Rim glasses with Pineapple Salt, serve drink chilled over ice and garnish with pineapple, orange, and fresh basil.
- Pineapple Salt.
- ½ Cup Sea Salt (may use kosher salt as well).
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar.
- ½ Cup Dried Pineapple (Small dice).
- Combine sugar and salt.
- Add ½ of mixture to food processor.
- Add dried pineapple, and begin to blend. It may be necessary to start and stop processor so pineapple can mix well.
- Add remainder of sugar and salt mixture, and continue to blend until desired consistency.
- Store in cool, dry place.
Join The Conversation