Red Lentil Hummus
A fun twist on hummus
- Ready In:
- 1 cup dried split red lentils
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Cook lentil until tender about 20 minutes.
- Drain-- Allow to drain well.
- Add drained lentils to food processor along with tahini, lemon juice, spices, and garlic. Process until smooth.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This hummus is really tasty! I have never made lentil hummus or really anything with lentils before today. I added a bit of turmeric to mine, to give it some color, since it was pretty much the same shade of regular chick pea hummus. I might add some paprika next time i make it, to give it a red color. Or, perhaps some peppadew peppers. I ate this hummus with the pickled peppadews I can get self-serve at the grocery store, and it was a much needed upgrade from the standard red bell pepper. I would definitely recommend this recipe to those looking to try out a simple, delicious lentil dish. My advice is to double the amount of lentils, use 2 cups, instead of 1, as I got under two cups of finished hummus, and to also let lentils drain for a good, long while, or your hummus will be a bit watery.Reply