Red Grapefruit Feta and Mint Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 red grapefruits
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, good quality vinegar is best here
- Using a small sharp knife, remove the skin from the grapefruit and the grapefruit segments- cutting closed to either side of the white membrane. Discard the membrane.
- Place grapefruit, cucumber, red onion, feta, olives and mint in a bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar.
- Divide among serving plates.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a classically trained chef and a grad of NECI in Vermont. I ran my own catering company for years and then decided to switch gears and go to law school. I now practice law and cook just for fun. I enjoy cooking for friends and DH and I entertain regularly. I also cook for my three golden retrievers and have found several wonderful biscuit recipes here at Zaar. I collect cookbooks and food literature. My all time favourite food writer is MFK Fisher. If you have not read it, I commend her short story "Borderland " to you. It is one of the most evocative pieces of food writing ever. My current favourite cookbook is "Urban Italian - Simple Recipes and True Stories from a Life in Food" by Andrew Carmelini. For years I managed to hang on to all of my back issues of Gourmet some of which date back to the 1980's. Sadly, I recently lost that particular battle and to promote marital harmony, I am recycling my old mags but am posting my favorite Gourmet recipes along with some interesting ones worthy of a test drive.