Red Curry Pork With Peppers
photo by CaliforniaJan
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, thickly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 ounces mushrooms (quartered or diced depending on which you use) or 6 ounces zucchini (quartered or diced depending on which you use)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 ounces coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons thai soy sauce
- 4 tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet and saute onions and garlic until softened, but not browned, 1 or 2 minutes; add pork slices and stir-fry until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms (or zucchini), and curry paste; add coconut cream, bouillon powder, and soy sauce; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer until some of the sauce reduces and thickens, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro, stir to combine; serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made a couple adjustments, I used a teaspoon beef bouillon granules, since I had no vegetable granules on hand. Used zucchini, as suggested, and a diced green bell pepper, since they have finally come up in my garden, with that being said this was a lovely flavored thai recipe. Not much of a stir-fry fan, though have occasionally do them. The pork was seasoned nicely, as it made for a nice quick-easy dinner. The curry was definately noticable and gave this great flavors. Nice to have a change of pace recipe. Really enjoyed. Made and reviewed for PRMR Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span> </span></p> <p>We may live without poetry, music and art;</p> <p> </p> <p>We may live without conscience and live without heart;</p> <p>We may live without friends; we may live without books,</p> <p>But civilized man cannot live without cooks.</p> <p> </p> <p>He may live without books -- what is knowledge but grieving?</p> <p>He may live without hope-- what is hope but deceiving?</p> <p>He may live without love -- what is passion but pining?</p> <p>But where is the man that can live without dining?</p> <p>-- Owen Meredith</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>I'm an all-American original, having lived in Hawaii, New York, Texas, South Carolina, and Miami. I also served 7 years in the US Army. My husband is from Bogota, Colombia and has also lived in the former Soviet Union. But now we are both in NY.</p> <p> </p> <p>Tomasi enjoyes a bath!</p> <p><br /><a href=http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/?action=view&current=tomas.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/tomas.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /> <br />Some of my recipes:</p> <p> <object width=480 height=360 data=http://w845.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/12cdcf0a.pbw type=application/x-shockwave-flash> <param name=data value=http://w845.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/12cdcf0a.pbw /> <param name=src value=http://w845.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/12cdcf0a.pbw /> <param name=wmode value=transparent /> </object> <a href=http://photobucket.com/slideshows target=_blank><img src=http://pic.photobucket.com/slideshows/btn.gif alt=/ /></a><a href=http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/?action=view?t=12cdcf0a.pbw target=_blank><img src=http://pic.photobucket.com/slideshows/btn_viewallimages.gif alt=/ /></a> <br /> <br /> <br />I also have the genealogy bug! I've been tracing my roots for at least 10 years. One branch came to America just after the Mayflower in the early 1600s. Others came in the early 1700s, late 1890s. So, my American roots run pretty deep and I am deeply patriotic. Just wish someone had thought to same me some land!</p>