Red Cabbage Salad With Grilled Pineapple in Spicy Sesame-Lime Dr
- Ready In:
Spicy Sesame-Lime Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice (from about 1 large orange)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 medium limes)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 9 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Red Cabbage Salad
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled and sliced into rounds about 1 inch thick - 8 rounds
- 1 medium head red cabbage, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 bunch scallion (white and green parts trimmed and thinly sliced)
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well, Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over very low heat. Add the brown sugar, stir well to combine, and remove from heat. Grill the pineapple rounds over medium-high heat until nicely browned, 2-3 minutes per side. During the last minute of cooking, brush the top sides liberally with the butter-sugar glaze. Remove from the grill and cut each round into eighths.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple with the cabbage, carrots, and scallions. Stir the dressing well, add just enough to moisten the ingredients (you will have some dressing left over), toss well and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!