Red Bell Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup
I came up with this soup last night as a way to use the massive quantity of bell peppers I bought on sale this week. The sweet potato I used was of the pale variety, but I'm sure it would taste delicious with an orange sweet potato.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 onions, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and in small cubes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat the oil.
- Saute the onions and garlic for about 10-15 minutes on medium heat, or until the onions are soft and very lightly browned.
- Add the bell peppers and saute for another 10-15 minutes, until the bell peppers are soft and everything is lightly browned.
- Add the sweet potato, vegetable broth, bay leaves, salt, and butter and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the sweet potato is soft.
- Remove the bay leaves and blend the soup until mostly smooth.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
What a great way to take the chill off. And what a great side for a grilled cheese sandwich. Fallowed tips from other reviewers. From Loula made sure used the full 8 cloves of garlic and am glad I did. From Jennifer skipped the sautÃ©ing and went with the toss and cook which worked out perfectly. Recommend using ingredients as posted to maintain the wonderful balance of flavors. Thanks so much for the post.