Red Beans and Rice
photo by Johnsonville Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) package Johnsonville Andouille Dinner Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- chicken broth
- kidney bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- hot pepper sauce
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat and sauté sausage slices until brown on both sides.
- Remove sausage and keep warm.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning and rice to Dutch oven.
- Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender and rice lightly browned.
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes, remaining Cajun seasoning and bay leaves; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add sausage and parsley; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Serve with hot pepper sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!