Red and Green Coleslaw
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, cut into wedges to fit food processor feeder tube
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, cut into wedges to fit food processor feeder tube
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup safflower oil or 1/2 cup other vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Using a food processor and the steel knife mince parsley using on/off turns.
- Remove steel knife, but leave parsley in work bowl, and insert the thin slicer disc.
- Slice cabbage and carrot and transfer to large salad bowl (you may have to remove some of the sliced cabbage as you slice, depending on size of your work bowl).
- Combine remaining ingredients (cider vinegar- salt) in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, let cool to room temperature and then pour over vegetables, tossing vegetables and dressing together.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Toss before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>