Really Good Chocolate Mint Parfait Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box pillsbury plus mint chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350. Grease 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan.
- In large bowl, combine all base ingredients at low speed until crumbly. Press in bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool slightly. In large bowl, combine dissolved gelatin and 2 cups powdered sugar. Add 1/2 cup butter, shortening, peppermint extract and food coloring. beat 1 minute at medium speed or until smooth and creamy. Blend in remaining 2 cups powdered sugar until smooth. Spread filling evenly over cooled base.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and 3 tb butter, stirring constantly until well blended. Spoon frosting over filling, carefully spreading to cover. Refrigerate until firm, cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
- Tip. for easier cutting, remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!