Ready after church Pot Roast Dinner
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
- 2 -3 lbs roast
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
Seasoning: mix together in small bowl 1st
- 1⁄4 cup minced white onion
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons onion powder
- 8 -10 small red potatoes or 8 -10 small yellow potatoes, washed not peeled
- Place washed roast in bottom of roasting pan.
- Sprinkle Brown Gravy Mix on top followed by water.
- Top with Seasoning Mix.
- Cover all with mushroom soup.
- Add potatoes or other veggies around the outer edges but not on top the roast.
- Cover with foil (most lids do not have good seals use foil) and cook at 325o for 3 hrs till meat is fully cooked and veggies tender.
- FYI: The gravy will be already made in the bottom of the pan if to thick add a bit of water but no need to add flour or corn starch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is odd. I cooked a roast yesterday to be ready after church and liked it so much I went searching for a recipe with the same ingredients. This is it. I added carrots and did not add the bouillon but that's minor. Very good. This is a recipe I would treat as a base and add red wine or a little tomato paste to for variety.