Razzle Dazzle Sugar-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Ready In:
2 10-inch cheesecakes
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 16 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (2 packages)
- 2 cups Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups canned pumpkin (slightly less than a 29 oz. can)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Crust: Lightly spray the bottom and sides of two 10-inch springform pans with nonstick cooking spray. Line sides of the pans with parchment or wax paper.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, hazelnuts, sugar and melted butter. Mix well and divide evenly between prepared pans. Press firmly over the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of the pans.
- Filling: In a large bowl, use a heavy-duty electric mixer to combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth; add sour cream and whipping cream. Scrape the sides of the bowl and continue beating. Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and flour. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in pumpkin. Divide evenly between prepared pans.
- Place in oven side by side. Bake 20 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 200°F for 1 hour or until the cheesecakes feel firm to the touch. Turn oven off and let cheesecakes cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar for about 1 hour. This should prevent cracking (if a crack should appear, blend some sour cream, powdered sugar and vanilla and spread over the top when ready to serve). Cool, cover and refrigerate or freeze cheesecakes.
- Unwrap frozen cheesecake and thaw either overnight in refrigerator or at room temperature for several hours; cover leftover cake with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
- Note: To toast hazelnuts, spread the shelled nuts in a shallow pan or roast in a 275°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until the skins crack. To remove skins, rub nuts while warm with a rough cloth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!