Rattlesteaks With Venom Sauce
Deep fry up these tasty little 'Rattler' steak bite appetizers and serve it with 'Snake Venom' sauce for dipping. Inspired by a combination of my country fried steak recipe and Chef #736554's Recipe #285880 (with permission).
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs steak (cube steaks prefered)
- flour, to coat (about 1 cup)
- oil, for deep frying (vegetable or peanut oil works well)
- Mix all venom sauce ingredients well and set aside. Heat oil in a deep fryer (or dutch oven) to 350°F.
- Mix together the paprika, garlic, cayenne, black pepper, and salt. Place the cube steaks onto a cutting board and sprinkle with half the seasoning. Turn them over and repeat (you can pat the seasoning into the meat if you like). Cut the meat into 2" cubes.
- Place the flour into a plastic grocery bag or large bowl. Add a handful or so of rattlers and toss or shake gently to coat. Do enough for one batch at a time.
- Shake off excess flour and place a batch of bites into the oil in the deep fryer (do not overcrowd them) and fry for 3-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining pieces. Serve with venom sauce and enjoy.
- NOTE: You can also skewer the floured steaks alternating with chunks of floured onion (same flour used for the steaks) and deep fry them that way. :).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We liked these spicy little fried steaks....but the sauce was the real star! I do not typically keep steak sauce on hand but had some A-1 left over from another recipe, so used it in place of the Heinz 57. Both the BF and I have been doing a low carb lifestyle for the past year or so and this made for a fun, snack-y sort of dinner for us. Next time I may use my own chicken fried steak recipe along with the sauce from this recipe. Thanks for sharing!Reply
see 1 more