Raspberry Spinach Salad With Garlic Steak
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I put this recipe together as my own variation on a classic. It became an instant hit with the whole family, and has been requested for our regular rotation. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (dried or fresh)
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 lbs top sirloin steaks
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint fresh raspberry, divided
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pepper, garlic, onion, salt and thyme. Rub olive oil all over the meat. Rub seasoning mixture all over the meat. Place in a shallow dish and marinate at room temperature for about an hour, or while preparing the remaining salad and vinaigrette. (Can also cover and marinade in the fridge for up to 2 days. Remove meat from fridge an hour before grilling).
- Put walnuts in a small pan over med-low heat. Let toast until you can smell them (while you are preparing the remaining recipe).
- In a blender or food processor, combine raspberry vinegar, 1/4 cup raspberries, honey, and oregano (or basil); whirl 1 minutes or until well blended. With the motor on, add olive oil in a slow steady stream, whirling until dressing is smooth.
- Grill steak about 3-4 minutes per side or until done to your preference. (Using a meat thermometer - Rare: 120F; Medium Rare: 125F; Medium: 130F).
- When the steaks are done to your liking, remove from oven, let sit 15 minutes before serving (meat temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after it is removed from the oven). Slice steak across grain into 1/4-inch slices.
- While steaks are resting, prepare salad by layering equally on each plate the spinach, remaining raspberries, walnuts and cheese. Place strips of steak on top of each salad. Serve dressing on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION