Raspberry Ribbon Bars
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour and baking soda to mixture.
- Stir in oats and nuts into existing mixture.
- Reserve 1 cup of oat mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into 8in.
- square baking pan.
- Combine raisins and jam.
- Spread raisin mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges of pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Press lightly.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are VERY good! Easy to make and came out of the pan beautifully. Next time I may change the flour : oats ratio, as they came out a bit chewy. I pushed the jam all the way to the edges with no sticky ill effects. I was out of walnuts, so I substituted finely chopped blanched almonds, also with good result. I'm sure these will be just as good with any favorite jam; I want to try apricot, as I love that. UPDATE: I just made these again today, with a new twist. First, I did go with 1 cup each of oats and flour, with the flour being half whole wheat, and half all purpose. I'd say I like that ratio better. But the real change I tried today was to add about 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips on top of the raspberry jam. Nice! But I think I'd use a bit more chips next time. So, once again, this is a great recipe, and I'll definitely be making it again and again! Thanks, Hope!