Raspberry Linzer Thumbprint Cookies
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
Anything Goes Cookie Dough Base
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp of your favourite becel margarine1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix margarine with sugars in large bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; mix just until blended. Stir in almonds and lemon peel. Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake 7 minutes or until edges are golden. Immediately make an indentation in centres of cookies with the back of a round measuring spoon. Cool cookies on sheets for 2 minutes on a wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, then fill indentations evenly with jam; about a half teaspoon each.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!