Raspberry-Lemon Cream Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this is a Good Housekeeping magazine this month and tried it recently. It's easy and so delicious! If you're a fan of raspberries I think you'll like it too.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup prepared lemon curd
- 2 cups raspberries
- 3 tablespoons seedless red raspberry jam
- lemon peel, strips (to garnish)
- Frosting: In a large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cream and vanilla; increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Cake: Cut pound cake horizontally into 3 even slices. Place the bottom slice on a platter and spread with half of the lemon curd. Reserve 1/2 cup of raspberries for garnish. Arrange half the remaining berries over the lemon curd. Spread 1 side of each remaining pound cake slice with jam. Place 1 pound cake slice, jam side down over raspberry-topped cake. Repeat with remaining lemon curd, raspberries, and pound cake. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Garnish cake with lemon peel and reserved berries.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION