Raspberry Granola Bars
- Ready In:
- Beat together shortening, ¼ cup of sugar, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add almond extract and 2 egg yolks.
- Slowly mix in flour until fully combined.
- Spread this mixture over the bottom of a 9x13 pan, coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Spread preserves over crust immediately after removing it from the oven.
- Sprinkle with granola.
- Beat the egg whites until they are foamy.
- Add remaining ½ cup of sugar until, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread egg white mixture on top of granola.
- Bake at 350° for additional 25 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm disable now for a couple years. I was in sales for 25 years and was a policeman for 5 years before that and just floated around a few years before that. I've been married to the same gal for 30 years, got two sons and two grandchildren. I got into the recipe seen and have got hooked on it, I'm not a cook but I'm learning as I go. Enjoy reading the different recipes.