Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
photo by Yolanda G.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cups raspberries (you may use fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add vanilla, egg whites, and egg; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and buttermilk to cream cheese mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Gently fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Place 24 foil cup liners in muffin cups.
- Spoon batter evenly into liners.
- Bake at 350° 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made a 1/2 batch of these for breakfast yesterday morning and they were so good right out of the oven! I love that they aren't really high in calories so I could have 2 :) My friend and her DH took a couple to work with them and enjoyed during their break. While they were heating in the microwave everyone coming into the cafeteria was asking who the lucky one was having the delicious smelling muffins. When my friend told me that, I beamed all over :) I did add in about 1 1/2 c. fresh berries, just because I love them so much. They turned out sweet from the muffin and a little tart from the berries, which was the perfect contrast! These are going into my favorite breakfast cookbook right now! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us Seesko! Made for 123 Hit Wonders Tag Game 2/09 Linda
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a wife, mother and nurse. I have 2 boys born in 2002 and 2003. I love to cook and try to make something new at least once a week.The picture is my little boy Luke taking pictures of his dinner like mommy. I have really enjoyed posting pictures and will try to improve and do it more often. <br /><img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/LukeSamDad.jpg/IMG alt= /> <img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/engagementpicture.jpg/IMG alt= /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/completedbanner.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/FinishedJollyRoger_1.jpg border=0 alt=Image /> <br />[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/FemCrewnamescomplete.jpg[/IMG] <br /><br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/FemCrewnamescomplete.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></a> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p>