Raspberry-Cranberry Salad (with sour cream-cream cheese topping)
This yummy recipe is and has been a staple and favorite dish in our family esp. at Thanksgiving and Christmas for many years. We like the tang of the cranberry softened with the other ingredients. It makes a wonderful side dish and can pass as a dessert, too. It would be good anytime you were serving a turkey, chicken or ham dish.
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Mix jello with the two cups of boiling water till disolved.
- Add the can of pineapple including the juice and the whole cranberry sauce and nuts.
- Let set in bowl or mold of choice.
- Blend the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar well.
- After jello has set, spread on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have been on a hunt for this recipe for our upcoming Thanksgiving dinner! I am so glad I found it! It is so special to me because my Mother, who is now in a Memory Care Unit, used to make it every year & I could not find where she had placed her recipe! Thanks so much for posting this Trisha! Much appreciated! Happy Holidays to all!1Reply
This was very good. I enjoyed the cranberry, raspberry and pineapple together. Everyone liked it at Thanksgiving. I left out the nuts. The topping wasn't as fluffy as I expected it to be but still tasted good. I might try blending the topping with my mixer next time. Update: I've made this countless times since I first reviewed it. It has become one of my go to recipes to bring to holiday potlucks, and one of my most requested recipes as well. I've never tried it with the nuts though.Reply