Raspberry & Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
photo by hello
- Ready In:
- 175 g ground almonds
- 25 g coconut flour
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium egg
- 80 g honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g raspberries
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a mixing bowl - mix together the ground almonds, coconut flour and baking powder until combined.
- In a separate bowl - mix together 80g/3oz of the honey with the egg, coconut oil and almond extract until fully combined.
- Slowly add the bowl of wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing as you go, until a sticky dough is formed. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320°F.
- Add the raspberries and remaining honey to a saucepan and gently heat, over a medium heat, mixing and mashing the raspberries as you go. Once all the raspberries are mashed and well combined with the honey, reduce the heat to a simmer and leave for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the dough mixture into 14 equal parts and roll into balls. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, then flatten each of the balls and use your thumb to make a small hole in the centre.
- Fill the holes with the raspberry mixture then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate (should last for up to 4 days).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!