photo by msmia
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- Place the raspberries and lime juice in a blender; process until smooth.
- Combine water, sugar and champagne in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute or until sugar melts.
- Remove from heat, stir in raspberry puree.
- Pour the mixture into a large, shallow baking dish.
- Cover and freeze 8 hours.
- Remove dish from freezer and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Scrape entire mixture with a fork until fluffy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe! We used blueberries & cherries in stead of raspberries but the result was delicious! Followed another suggestion re: squishing the contents in a freezer bag & it worked great! Super easy & if you start w/ frozen fruit... it only takes 3 - 4 hours for complete freezing! Thanks for the inspiration!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Very busy nanny/au pair, working for a very rich and snooty family, in a very large home, in a very snooty village. Just in case my employer comes here, please don't ask where I am from, or I'll be sacked like the last nanny was. ;-) I take care of 4 gorgeous, and darling kids. 3 girls and a boy. The boy is the youngest (and my favorite). They are great children, very, very active. (Hyper) I love to cook. I guess that's a given, why else would I be here. Part of my job is also to prepare meals for the family. The more they like my food, the longer I get to stay. (just a little joke) On my day off, I usually go out to the cinema or some dance clubs with the other au pairs in this town. That's about it I think.