Raspberry and Fig Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and coat with bread crumbs.
- In a bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the granulated sugar and eggs at high speed until fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in the butter and two-thirds of the zest.
- At low speed, alternately beat in the flour and lime juice until almost incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the batter until smooth.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Gently press in the raspberries and figs.
- Bake the cake on the bottom third of the oven for 40 minutes. Transfer to the upper third of the oven and continue baking for 35 minutes longer, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached.
- Transfer the cake to a rack to cool. Run a thin knife around the edge and release the springform. Dust the cake with confectioners' sugar. Sprinkle with the remaining lime zest, cut into wedges and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Picture taken just for Zaar - mmmm milkshake...</p> <p>I'm a brand new single mommy to my tiny perfect human, so thank you to everyone who takes the time to make and review my recipes - I try to send a zmail to each of you, but baby girl has a different idea.</p> <p>I'm a good ol' prairie girl from Canada with one side of the family being Ukrainian/Slovakian and the other side is German/Russian. In other words, when we cook we take carbs, cover them in more carbs, fry'em and serve it smothered in onions and cream. <br />No pro chefs in my family, just grandmas and aunts and cousins and a mom that had me pinching perogies and stuffing strudel before I could form a complete sentence. <br />The most dreaded / laughed at phrase I say is, So last night, I invented this thing for supper... - I would probably publish more recipes if I actually remembered everything I put in or had an idea of how much I added!!</p>